Recorded November 19, 2015 in Austin, TX at API Strategy and Practice. Audio version coming to your feed soon. Thanks to everyone who participated!
- App Quality Bundle - Build better software with Code Climate, Runscope, Ghost Inspector, Circle CI, Sentry and Xamarin Test Cloud
- Swagger + SmartBear! | Reverb for Developers Blog
- Quantifying The Community Around The Swagger API Specification ·
- Let’s get Swagger right | Restlet - We Know About APIs
- Introducing Azure API Apps - .NET Web Development and Tools Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
- Azure App Service API Apps with Scott Hunter | Azure Friday | Channel 9
- Episode 18: "This will be way easier." — Traffic and Weather
- Episode 22: "You can pick which wrong way you want to do this." — Traffic and Weather
- How many HTTP status codes should your API use? | Dropbox Developer Blog
- JSON in URLs | Dropbox Developer Blog
- Nanonid/rison · GitHub
- Randall Degges - Why I Love Basic Auth
- OAuth2 Token Generator - Runscope
- Limitations of the GET method in HTTP | Dropbox Developer Blog
Recorded: September 25, 2014
Inspired by Wait Wait...Don't tell me! Steve and John recorded this episode with the help of brave audience members at API Strategy and Practice in Chicago. Games included Bluff the Listener, API Limericks and Lightning Fill in the Blank.
If you're subscribed to the feed, look for the audio to arrive shortly. In the mean time, here's the video from our live show last week at API Strategy and Practice in Chicago. Keeping with theme of the previous live show of "NPR knockoffs" we do an API-focused version of "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!" including Bluff the Listener, Lightning Fill in the Blanks and Limericks.
- Traffic And Weather Returns For APIStrat Chicago #apistrat
- ScottGu's Blog - Azure: New DocumentDB NoSQL Service, New Search Service, New SQL AlwaysOn VM Template, and more
- Google Cloud Datastore — Google Developers
- NYT Developers | Careers
- The S in REST
- Uber for Developers
- Introducing the Uber API | Uber Blog
- Bizcoder - A drive by review of the Uber API
John and Steve talk about Microservices, the meaning of names and words, and discuss the value of having browsable APIs.
Steve and John release another iteration of a discussion on versioning (yes, again). Then we learn about safely invoking webhooks, including a common strategy for mitigating risk. Steve starts to see the light on SDKs after someone other than John starts to convince him. Lastly we discuss strategies for monitoring your APIs and how HTTP 2.0 isn't so scary after all.
- Troy Hunt: Your API versioning is wrong, which is why I decided to do it 3 different wrong ways
- Have I been pwned? API v2
- How to safely invoke Webhooks
- Hacker News Discussion: How to safely invoke Webhooks
- Why I Don't Want Your SDK in Production
- Hacker News Discussion: Why I avoid SDKs in production
- Open sourcing Pingpong: Latency and Uptime Monitoring for HTTP Services
- API Monitoring: Up Is Not Enough
- Nine Things to Expect from HTTP/2
Recorded: October 4, 2013
- Common OAuth Security Mistakes and Threat Mitigations
- The OAuth Bible
- Parse Developer Day Video Series: How to Design Great APIs
- Kevin Lacker (lacker) on Twitter
- Making Wrong Code Look Wrong - Joel on Software
- Testing in go-github
- Will Norris (willnorris) on Twitter
- httptest - The Go Programming Language
On October 24th at 5:45pm, Steve and John will be recording an episode of Traffic and Weather in front of a live audience at API Strategy and Practice in San Francisco. If you'll be at the event, be sure to join us!
Recorded: August 4th, 2013
- WX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Rocket: a hybrid approach to real-time cloud applications
- Server-Sent Events
- AFNetworking 2.0.0-RC1 · AFNetworking/AFNetworking
- Mattt Thompson (mattt) on Twitter
- I, Revolution • OAuth is awesome, OAuth is horrible.
- API Blueprint - API Documentation with powerful tooling
- Daring Fireball: Markdown Syntax Documentation